Blog or Not?



A statistically improbable polymath's views on politics and culture.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Okay, the Hiatus is Over
 
So I tried OurWord.org, and while I may do some cross-posts there, I think I'll keep my own domain. Why? Simply put, I need my own space. I've just started working with the Cegelis campaign, and I feel I need a base of operations for various Internet outreach projects.

Besides, I just found out that Proof is being released September 16. Now, this news could fall under the general rubric of feminism in the academy, as it is about a female mathematician, but most of the context for my obsession with this movie started when my high school calculus teacher went to its premiere on Broadway and told all of us about it, then when a friend of mine saw a production at his college, and finally... when it began filming at Chicago.

So if I weren't at work, I'd be squealing for joy, then watching the trailer, then squealing some more.

But now I must shred.


Comments: Post a Comment