Blog or Not?



A statistically improbable polymath's views on politics and culture.

Friday, March 04, 2005
You can take away my blog... FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!
 
(Via Mouse Words): The FEC may soon consider blog links to political donation sites as political advocacy subject to campaign finance laws.

Which has me wondering: Just how much is a link worth, anyway? Obviously a link from Daily Kos to the Dean campaign would be worth more than a link from me to the Dean campaign, as Daily Kos has about a million eyeballs daily and I'm lucky to break a hundred on the Sitemeter. But what about a link from Kos to me (e.g. "Maureen has more information on donating here") and about a million other bloggers? And how do you clearly mark the line between advocacy and information? "I'd really like you to support the Dean campaign... oh, by the way, here's the link to my Dean for America site."

Maybe we'll have Scalia asking what a blog is.


Comments: Post a Comment