Blog or Not?



A statistically improbable polymath's views on politics and culture.

Saturday, October 02, 2004
Shorter Obama-Keyes Debate
 
OBAMA: Jobs. Government's duty to keep its promises. Housing. Funding for NCLB and other federal regulations. Yes, there are problems with police abusing their power sometimes, but most cops are dece--(interrupted by guy who should really get a weblog instead of raving about the police state during every debate; weird little period when I almost felt like crawling under the pew, but things calmed down.) Giving people a fair shake. I'm going to try and do my best for all of you.

KEYES: Abortion. Unborn children. Decaying culture. Family values. There's no such thing as separation of church and state. We need to bring the church back into our lives. No, I am not going to answer the question about my daughter's sexuality--I didn't say that about Mary Cheney! You're putting words into my mouth! Abortion! Prayer! I didn't support apartheid! Condoms don't work! ABORTION!

Although, I do have to admit, Keyes is an excellent speaker. I almost hope he stays in the state when he loses the election, because for all his fanaticism, he's kind of fun. But not in a "I'd like to vote for you" kind of way.


Comments: Post a Comment