Blog or Not?



A statistically improbable polymath's views on politics and culture.

Sunday, February 01, 2004
More thoughts on Andrew Sullivan
 
From Julian, one of my housemates, in Pandagon's comments, regarding Andrew Sullivan's continued support for President Bush:

"My theory: Sullivan is a character voter, not an issues voter. As a result, he looks for people with a similar character to himself. Bush is dishonest, intellectually lazy, shallowly ideological, and snidely contemptuous of disagreement. As a result, Sullivan takes an immediate liking to his character."

Now, I'm not in complete agreement with this comment--I guess I'm rather charitable in character assessment--I think Sullivan, bless his heart, is suffering from a bad case of cognitive dissonance. But it's an interesting take.


Comments: Post a Comment