Blog or Not?



A statistically improbable polymath's views on politics and culture.

Friday, January 23, 2004
Media Whores Offline
 
At approximately 11:30 AM today, I saw a CBS-2 newsvan, transmitter down, parked on 58th Street just off of University Avenue. As I decided to see what the fuss was about, I began to investigate--and then I realized. They were here to film a "human interest story"--the Polar Bear Run. For some reason, the University News Office feels it neccessary to inform the media that 300 naked/near naked University of Chicago undergrads will be running two blocks. You may draw your own conclusions as to the psychological motivations behind both the Polar Bear Run and the publicity.

UPDATE: Turns out it wasn't for the Polar Bear Run, but for something else entirely--the van disappeared just after I blogged, but that had slipped my mind by the next time I was at a computer.


Comments: Post a Comment